Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm so fed up with my thoughts of you

Okay, I shall stop playing guitar hero for now. I've been playing the whole of last night, and today. I don't wanna go back to being a game addict like I was in sec 2/3. Thoughts of secondary sch life suddenly popped up while I was playing guitar hero just now, so I'm here to do some...reflections? Shall start with sec 2. I was a pure slacker. Basketball almost everyday after school, then go home play gunbound. I dont do homework, I sleep during lessons, I pon CCAs. Life was crazy back then. Everyday, the first thing I do after reaching school is to borrow homework from shelvi to copy, and I dont absorb anything at all. So my results were nonsense. Was voted by classmates to be in council, but Mrs Margaret Loh didnt want to write a testimonial for me since I was such a bad student. She still wrote 2 sentences in the end, but I just quit being in council, since I don't really see any point. My math results were so bad that I had to take a retest (on my birthday). If I failed, I wont be allowed to take Add. Math, good thing I passed. But my results were just as crap, and my cohort ranking was 200+ out of around 240 students. Little wonder why I went to 4/6, the worst express class in school. Then in sec 3, there weren't really any major exams to work for. So I didnt have any motivation to study. Again, I didnt do homework, reach home whole day play CO. So of course, I didnt do well for exams as well. I had L1R5 of 31 points by end of sec 3, which was really pathetic. The school held this meeting for those with poor results, brought us together, and gave a motivational talk. We were then made to set targets for our results for O levels. I remember clearly that the teacher in charge of looking at my targets was Mr Leong, HOD of math, that six finger freak. I set targets of A1 for both math, i forgot the other targets, but I was aiming for below 10 points. Mr Leong looked at my results, "wah, so ambitious ar." and started laughing. He then 'helped' me lower my targets to make it L1R5 15 points. Sec 4 started, and I started out...too enthusiastic, like what jj said. I was appointed phy rep, chem rep, chi rep -.- I sat at the front row, knowing that I'll focus better in front. Even though I started out working quite hard since beginning of year, my results were not good. I had L1R5 of 25 points at sec 4 mid-year. I then stayed back in school to study everyday, then stay for night study with weijie every night. The canteen wasnt really a conducive place to study, but it was better than staying at home. It's sad to say this, but it was exactly because Mrs Margaret Loh and Mr Leong looked down on me, that motivated me to study. Well, at least part of the motivation. I started aiming high, competing with yongjian(guy from best class in my sch) during prelims. Of course, I got thrashed. I got 14 points for prelims. Mrs Yip, our vice principal, was showing my class the results of our seniors, and she showed me that people who got 14 points during prelims could get 9 points for O's, and she challenged me to do the same. Sure enough, I got 9 points for O's, and was the only person in my class who got single digit L1R5 (before cca points deduction,etc). My whole class did relatively well, and Mrs Yip was full of praises for my class. Well...from 31 points to 9 points in one year, its little wonder I received the good progress award. LOL. Okayy, this is prolly my first emo post in this blog. I'm not gonna write another emo one anytime soon. Stayover at bro's house tmr with my gang of guys.. ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT. I'm gonna bring my guitar hero there for bro to play. This sounds gay, but meeting this group of guys was one of the best things that ever happened to me. =)

No comments: