Sunday, January 25, 2009

Here without you

Work's been good. People at james cook uni are reli nice. My job isnt exactly very tough. And my work contract got extended till 30th Jan instead, cos Mrs Swan, my supervisor, thinks im reli efficient, and wants me there longer. xD Big boss of JCU went around giving angbaos to all employee, and i got one too. Was so small and thin, i thought it was 10 bucks at first. Opened...blue note. =D Mrs Swan gave me a 20 bucks angbao as well. Shiock! But then again, im still prolly one of those people who gets the least angbao money, since all my relatives are in China. I got nobody to collect angbao from! =( Went for interview at Eunos, and i got accepted into the company without me knowing. Venture Era, a sales and marketing group. So now im a sales agent. Went for orientation yesterday, got to know more about the company, and had a meeting with the whole group. Met up with all the managers, and the business group manager. It's reli fun, reli like an orientation. All the managers there are only 19~21 years old, so theres no generation gap between us. Even the group business manager is only 27 years old. My 3hrs+ there ytd was reli fun, so it got me quite happy and high. =p Today, my family received terrible news. My grandpa has been lying in the hospital the last few days, and the doctors got no idea what is wrong with him. Just 10 mins ago, my relatives called to say the doctors found the source of the problem.. a tumour right beside the heart. Since my grandpa's so old, and doing operation for his heart is really risky...my grandpa can be considered... terminally ill. No, dont worry, im fine. In fact, even my dad is feeling fine. My dad's trying to get an air ticket to fly to China asap..but all the flight agencies are closed due to CNY. So we're trying to see if we can get a ticket online. Then again, the plane can only land at Beijing..still need to find a way to get to Cheng De, since all the trains there are on holiday too. Things will work out somehow...or so i think...

No comments: